Chania High School
The school was started in 1958 by the Asian community living in Thika and was then Known as M.P Shah High School, when they donated the land on which the school is currently located. The school started as a mixed day school and later hostels were introduced. The school was taken over by the government after independence and African students started getting admitted into the school. The name as changed into CHANIA HIGH SCHOOL. In 1974 the school started ‘A’ Level classes with 2 streams of science classes and one stream of Arts class.
When the 8-4-4 system of education was introduced, the school increased its capacity into 5 streams: 3 for Boys and 2 for Girls.